Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Summer Girl



The original plan was to teach myself Illustrator with this sketch. I can't tell you how frustrated I felt fiddling with the pen tool. Livetrace didn't work because it showed the pitted parts of my seemingly smooth paper. Yes, I tried messing with the blur, and it did smooth some areas to a point, but nothing I would be proud of. It also doesn't help that my scanner is from 2003. So after giving up and going back to Photoshop like a guilty lover, I completed it in about 4 hours. Tracing the lines and smoothing them out always takes the longest. I need to keep experimenting with shortcuts.

EDIT: After not looking at the thing for a while, I fiddled with the saturation and curves and now I feel a whole lot better about it. Dang, and I thought I was getting good enough to not need those.

And now for something a little different. I used to do this on my livejournal way, way back in the day. Enjoy a song that I've been tapping my feet to.

The Smiles and Frowns - The Echoes of Time